[daip] DCONV (fwd)

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Oct 30 11:20:09 EDT 2007

Anita M. S. Richards writes:

 > DCONV appears to have a bug in that even with OPCODE     'UNWT', it gives
 > hecate> DCONV2: Task DCONV  (release of 31DEC07) begins
 > hecate> DCONV2: DCONV  : input maps not equivalent - FATAL
 > hecate> DCONV2: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
 >
 > in both Dec06 and Dec07 versions
 >
 > Is this known? Is there a way round it? CONVL, opcod 'DCON' seems to do
 > the
 > same thing; if that is so then that is OK.

I need to ask what you are attempting to do.  Brute force
deconvolutions are not normally very useful in the presence of noise.
If you are attempting to deconvolve interferometer dirty images, there
are much better ways to do that (see IMAGR).

The error message from DCONV states the the two images differ in some
way in the number of pixels, coordinate increment, coordinate
reference pixel, or coordinate reference value on either the first
and/or the second axes.  The first 2 must be exactly the same, the
others are allowed a little leeway.