[daip] Another MACINT install related problem

Kevin Marvel Kevin.Marvel at aas.org
Thu Nov 15 23:26:51 EST 2007

Hi Eric,

Installing aips on my MacBook Pro (OSX 10.4.10) and binary has worked
fine.  Followed all directions on install, including editing of
the /etc/rc and so on.

Starting up I get the TV, the TEK server and MSG server and then
errors.  Are they related to the daip question relating to copying
over old files from my PPC machine to my MACINT machine?

START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the
START_AIPS:  - system name , AIPS type
START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
   (Using global default file /Users/kmarvel/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST
for DADEVS.PL)
    Disk 1 (1) is /Users/kmarvel/aips/DATA/LOCALHOST_1

Tape assignments:
    Tape 1 is REMOTE
    Tape 2 is REMOTE
START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called localhost
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on localhost asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LOCALHOST asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC07 AIPS with normal priority
ZMSGDK: OPER = READ LUN = 12 NREC =  6717441
ZFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 6878658561 THRU = 6878659584 BEYOND EOF = 34816
ZMSGER: IN ZFI2 ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on localhost
XASERVERS: Start XAS on localhost, DISPLAY :0
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width height 1430 800, max grey level 255
MSGWRT ERROR      3 AT WRIT
ZDCHI1: ZCLOSE: DOES NOT PERFORM TAPE CLOSES AS OF 15APR87
ZMSGDK: OPER = READ LUN = 12 NREC =  6717441
ZFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 6878658561 THRU = 6878659584 BEYOND EOF = 34816
ZMSGER: IN ZFI2 ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
MSGWRT ERROR      3 AT WRIT
ZDCHI1: ZTXOPN: INVALID DEVTAB(11) = *
ZMSGDK: OPER = READ LUN = 12 NREC =  6717441
ZFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 6878658561 THRU = 6878659584 BEYOND EOF = 34816
ZMSGER: IN ZFI2 ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
MSGWRT ERROR      3 AT WRIT
ZDCHI1: ZDCHIN: COULDN'T OPEN NETSP FILE, CONTINUING.
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED

[aips window stops responding]

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Also, is it the case that the binary files on my PPC machine (MA*,
UV*, etc.) cannot simply be copied over
and read in?  If so, add me to the list of users needing your magic
fix program for this situation as I already
zapped the files off of the PPC machine...though I suppose I could
copy them back across, reinstall aips
and write out using FITTP...advice?

Kev.