[daip] AIPS on Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard)

Adam J. Mott amott at asu.edu
Thu Nov 8 20:59:00 EST 2007

Hello,

I had AIPS working under Mac OS version 10.4 (Tiger), but I recently
upgraded to 10.5 (Leopard).  Are you aware of any special instructions for
running AIPS under the new version of Mac OS?

I know I'm supposed to edit the /etc/services file and add the lines shown
on the AIPS Mac installation webpage.  But I also remember having to edit
the /etc/rc file to get the AIPS TV to work under Tiger.  Now with the new
Mac OS, the /etc/rc file is no longer there, but there is an /etc/rc.common
and /etc/rc.netboot.  I'm not sure which of these two files (if any) I
should edit.

Thanks,

Adam Mott