[daip] Problem with UVFIX

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 6 17:17:52 EST 2007

dbgob at brandeis.edu writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > When running task UVFIX on a data set (Project AL0187 from 1/23/89) it
 > seems to change the observation uv distances from VLA scales to VLBA
 > scales! I have encountered this once before but thought it a fluke. It
 > seems to be more than a one time thing. Any idea what is going wrong?

UVFIX uses the frequency information in the header and the antenna
information in the AN file.  If one of these is in error, then wrong
results will arise.  Have you gotten a VLBA like AN file attached to a
VLA data set?  Run PRTAN and see.

The usual complaint about UVFIX is over fractions of a millimeter, not
hundred of miles!