[daip] DCONV (fwd)

Magdolna.Todorovic at manchester.ac.uk Magdolna.Todorovic at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Nov 2 10:57:02 EDT 2007

Thanks Eric for fixing the bug and Anita for reporting it. Yes, it would
be very useful to have the patch at least on Sparrow. Ant, Bob, maybe
from Tuesday please if this requires rebooting? I am teaching  in
Manchester on Tuesday and will not use AIPS on that day.

Many thanks guys,

magda

On Fri,
2 Nov 2007, Anita M. S. Richards wrote:

> Thanks very much Eric,
>
> I hope that one of our computer managers can apply the patch to AIPS on the
> system Magda uses at least?
>
> thanks very much
>
> Anita

> Dr. A.M.S. Richards, AstroGrid Astronomer, University of Manchester, Jodrell
> Bank Centre for Astrophysics, Turing Building, University of Manchester, M13
> 9PL
> +44 (0)161 275 4124
> and
> MERLIN/VLBI National Facility, Jodrell Bank Observatory, Cheshire SK11 9DL,
> U.K. +44 (0)1477 571321 (tel) 571618 (fax)
>

> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Eric Greisen wrote:
>
>> I have found a minor but significant error that caused the task to
>> ignore OPCODE.  I tried the task and it did not do anything desirable
>> for me.  I suspect that CONVL's deconvolution would be better.  I
>> found the help very irritating and the code neglects to test for
>> various things that can cause it to go haywire.  This is not a well
>> tested and regularly used AIPS task, but something experimental.
>>
>> It will be corrected after 10 pm MDT tonight for MNJs.
>>
>> Eric Greisen

Magda Todorovic, MSc

Jodrell Bank -> PhD student :)