[daip] UVCON / UVPLT issues

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri May 25 15:49:56 EDT 2007

Ian Heywood writes:

 > The plots I initially sent however were created using identical inputs for
 > UVPLT; all I changed was the UV data set at the input. I'm still confused
 > as to why in the old UVCON case I get the various traces that arise from
 > each antenna, whereas in the new UVCON case I'm either getting a single
 > plot or they are all identical and overlap each other at the same
 > points... This is not critical though.

The point I made earlier is that I think something serious or a change
in UVPLT parameters is going on.  I note one other matter I should
clarify.  UVPLT plots baseline-based data.  With no REFANT it takes
e.g. the elevations of antennas a1 and a2 from baseline a1-a2 and
averages them to determine the elevation to be plotted.  It is not
antenna elevations directly unless REFANT is specified.