[daip] UVCON / UVPLT issues

Ian Heywood ianh at astro.ox.ac.uk
Fri May 25 12:56:59 EDT 2007

Dear Leonia, Eric,

Many thanks for the swift replies. By examining the UVPRT lists I'm
satisfied that no simulated visibilities at negative elevations are being
included, and by using a suitable REFANT/ANTENNA pairing in UVPLT I can
get elevation vs. time tracks which look correct.

I still get points at negative elevations but, as per Eric's comment, I'm
assuming that these are just corresponding to what a particular station
would have been doing at the time and do not give rise to corresponding
visibilities.

The plots I initially sent however were created using identical inputs for
UVPLT; all I changed was the UV data set at the input. I'm still confused
as to why in the old UVCON case I get the various traces that arise from
each antenna, whereas in the new UVCON case I'm either getting a single
plot or they are all identical and overlap each other at the same
points... This is not critical though.

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks again,
-Ian