[daip] AIPS on onager ?

Nissim Kanekar nkanekar at nrao.edu
Mon May 21 19:41:14 EDT 2007

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Eric Greisen wrote:

> Nissim Kanekar writes:
> >
> > Hi Eric,
> >
> > Just tried to run AIPS on the machine onager and it gave me the
> > following error :
> >
> >   ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
> >   ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 30 (Read-only file system)
> > MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
> >   ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD1XQ000.1XQ;
> >   ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 30 (Read-only file system)
> > MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
> > AIPS 1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:ACD000000;
> >
> > After I entered my AIPS number, it simply threw me back to the shell.
> > Doesn't seem to be related to anything in my setup as Abhirup
> > (adatta at nrao) gets the same error on onager. Do you happen to know what's
> > happening ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nissim
>
> this response indicates that the first onager data disk is for some
> reason not writable by your account.  It appears to belong to the aips
> group and be group writable.  In your account type "groups" and see
> what it says.  You do have a CA file on onager under nkanekar
> ownership.
>
> BTW - if you use daip then responses are written even when I am on
> vacation.
>

> Eric Greisen

Hi Eric,

Just tried the "groups" command on onager; it claims that I'm part of the
aips group (as on the other machines) so this is unlikely to be the
problem. This issue seems to be a new one as I do have an AIPS area on
onager where I've analysed data in the fairly recent past (certainly
earlier this year). Do you not have the same problem with aips on onager ?

Thanks,
Nissim