[daip] AIPS on onager ?

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon May 21 16:23:34 EDT 2007

Nissim Kanekar writes:

 > Hi Eric,
 >
 > Just tried to run AIPS on the machine onager and it gave me the
 > following error :
 >
 >   ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
 >   ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 30 (Read-only file system)
 > MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
 >   ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD1XQ000.1XQ;
 >   ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 30 (Read-only file system)
 > MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
 > AIPS 1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:ACD000000;
 >
 > After I entered my AIPS number, it simply threw me back to the shell.
 > Doesn't seem to be related to anything in my setup as Abhirup
 > (adatta at nrao) gets the same error on onager. Do you happen to know what's
 > happening ?
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Nissim

this response indicates that the first onager data disk is for some
reason not writable by your account.  It appears to belong to the aips
group and be group writable.  In your account type "groups" and see
what it says.  You do have a CA file on onager under nkanekar
ownership.

BTW - if you use daip then responses are written even when I am on
vacation.