[daip] aips start-up

Min S. Yun myun at bonito.astro.umass.edu
Fri May 11 17:02:24 EDT 2007

I just installed 31DEC07 version of aips and tried to
verify the installation.  I get the following error messages
when I figure up a new window:

AIPS_VERSION=/usr/aips/31DEC07
myun at bonito:~$ aips
START_AIPS: AIPS_ROOT is not a directory; cannot start AIPS.
myun at bonito:~$

Here is what I have at the end of the .bashrc file:

#                                       AIPS setup
#                                       Set variable HOST.  Strip off
#                                       any domain name, use simple
#                                       hostname.  Also uppercase it.
##HOST=`uname -n | tr '[a-z]' '[A-Z]' | awk -F. '{print $1}'`
##export HOST
AIPS_ROOT=/usr/aips
export AIPS_ROOT
##xxx=`grep "^[-+]  $HOST" $AIPS_ROOT/HOSTS.LIST`
##if [ "$xxx" != "" ] ; then
   . $AIPS_ROOT/LOGIN.SH
   $CDTST
##fi

As you can see, I tried something different and then commented
them out because of this problem.  Do I need another "." somewhere?
I am not very good at this sort of things....

Thanks for your help!

 					-- Min

Min S. Yun				e-mail: myun at astro.umass.edu
Associate Professor			phone:  (413) 545-2215
Astronomy Department			FAX:    (413) 545-4223
University of Massachusetts             http://www.astro.umass.edu/~myun
Amherst, MA 01003