[daip] AIPS MacBook Pro: input displays no integers

Wes Young wyoung at nrao.edu
Thu May 10 10:40:12 EDT 2007

Ylva,

So when you say "copied over" what exactly did you copy?  The
powerbook is big endian and macbook pro is little endian, if you
copied over data and executables you're taking a big performance hit
over what the native intel gives you.  I suppose it could cause your .
99 issue too??? Then with native intel, you data disks will be the
wrong byte order so there will be trouble. So if you really just did
a recursive copy of your AIPS disk from the powerbook to the macbook
pro, you're probably asking for trouble.  I would suggest doing a
fresh binary install on the macbook pro and then to/from fits your data.

wes
wyoung at aoc.nrao.edu