[daip] VLANT problem

Deidre Hunter dah at lowell.edu
Fri May 4 10:52:59 EDT 2007

I am working on VLA HI-line data obtained 2006 Dec 14 and Dec 16. At
that time there were 6 EVLA antennas in the configuration. I am
getting lots of large phase closure errors with those antenna.
Michael Rupen had advised Elias Brinks, who had a similar problem
with data taken on Dec 15, that the problem was poor antenna
positions and this could be corrected with VLANT. I have tried to use
VLANT on my data but it bombs with the following message:

tortug> VLANT1: Task VLANT  (release of 31DEC07) begins
tortug> VLANT1: TFETCH: wget OF DATA FILE FAILED
tortug> VLANT1: ERROR    2 OPENING FILE FOR YEAR 2007
tortug> VLANT1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes

My inputs to VLANT are

AIPS 1: VLANT    Task to apply VLA antenna position corrections from OPs
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     'AH918DEC14_2'          Input UV file name (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'CH 0'                  Input UV file name (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Input UV file disk unit #
AIPS 1: SELBAND      -1                    Bandwidth to select (kHz)
AIPS 1: SELFREQ      -1                    Frequency to select (MHz)
AIPS 1: FREQID        1                    Freq. ID to select
AIPS 1: SUBARRAY      0                    Input subarray = AN file
AIPS 1: GAINVER       0                    Input CL table 0=>high

I am running AIPS version 31DEC07 and run a MNJ on the 23rd of each
month. My computing system is a Mac Dual 2.7 GHz PowerPC G5 running
Mac OSX Version 10.4.9.

Thank you for your help.

Deidre Hunter