[daip] MACPPC binary install problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 30 11:43:17 EDT 2007

Kevin Marvel writes:
What shell do you use so that I can type only one set of commands to
you?  I will assume csh or tcsh

 > the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH varialbe is not set after sourcing LOGIN.

       source LOGIN.CSH
       printenv | grep LIBRARY
       echo $SYSLOCAL
       cd $SYSLOCAL
       ls

 > I set it manually using Wes' advice:
 >
 > $CDTST
 > .DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:$LIBR

      which was slightly in error

      setenv DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH $LIBR/IBMCMP

But this is supposed to happen when you source LOGIN.CSH is file
AIPSPATH.CSH so long as you have either RSYNC.ME or RSYNC.MASTER in
your $SYSLOCAL.  The source of the problem may be the site name.  If
you had an old installation and typed a different site name thos time
then the HOSTS.LIST file may contain the old one but the $SYSMACPP
area may only contain a directory for the new one.  When that happens,
your $SYSLOCAL will point at the generic $SYSMACPP and not the area
that has your RSYNC.ME file.

Send me the output of the command above and cat $AIPS_ROOT/HOSTS.LIST
and I should be able to be certain about this (or maybe this is a clue
to fix the issue).

Eric Greisen