[daip] Mosaic observations

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 28 16:17:28 EDT 2007

Dan Marrone writes:
 > Thanks a lot, that looks complicated enough that it would have taken me
 > a while to get everything right. It works on a couple pointings, so I'm
 > excited to try making a full mosaic.
 >
 > My current problem is that I run out of space if I try split off
 > everything at once from all the files. Is there an obvious way to split
 > off only sources within an RA range, or sources with name '02...'? Or do
 > I need to examine each file and specify time ranges for the relevant
 > data?

Try the attached.  You will need to define some disk numbers (if you
have more than 1 aips disk) and it assumes that all the calibrated
multi-source data sets have the same name and disk with sequence
numbers in order.  You may have to rename to get that.  There are ???
in the attached which need thought and filling in.

Also check the adverbs to split (do you have bandpass, polarization,
etc)

Good luck,

Eric Greisen

$
$                        define variables
PROC DUMMY
STRING*12  TNAME
$                        mdisk = disk of multi-source
$                        sdisk = disk to split
$                        ddisk = disk to dbcon
SCALAR     NSPLIT, mdisk, sdisk, ddisk
mdisk=1; tdisk=1; sdisk=1; tname = ' '
RETURN
FINISH
$                        proc to see if source present
PROC CHKSOUR
error=1; inext='su'; invers=1
keyw='num row'; getthead; j=keyv(1);
for i=1:j; pixxy=i,2,1; tabget;
    if (tname=keystr) then; error = 0; end ; end
return
finish
$                        proc to split tname from all
$                        all main files must have same
$                        name/class/disk only seq varies
PROC SPALL
default split
inname = '????'; inclass='????'; indi=mdisk; inse=0
chkname; nsplit=1-error
sources=tname,' '; docal=1;
doband=1; bpver=0
outdisk=sdisk; outclas='split'; outse=0; douvc=-1
dowait=1
for inseq=1:nsplit;
    chksour
    if ^error then; go; end; end
dowa = - 1
return
finish
$                        proc to dbcon all files of tname
PROC CONALL
inname=tname; inclass='split'; inse=0; indi = sdisk
chkname;
if error then; print 'no files'; return; end
nsplit=1-error;
task 'dbcon'; default;
inname=tname; incl='split'; inse=1
outname=tname; outcl='dbcon'; outse=0;
if (nsplit=1) then; rename; return; end
in2n=tname; in2cl='split'; in2d=sdisk
dowait true; outd=ddisk
$                                   dbcon
for in2s=2:nsplit; go;
  incl='dbcon; inse=0; indi=ddisk; end
$                                   clean up dbcons
if (nsplit>2) then
   for inse=1:(nsplit-2); zap; end; end
$                                   clean up splits
inna=tname; incl='split'; indisk=sdisk
for inse=1:nsplit; zap; end
dowait=-1
return
finish
$
$                         imaging proc
PROC IMGIT
if (error) then; return; end
default imagr; default setfc
cellsize = ???
imsize   = ???
inname = tname; incl 'dbcon'; inse = 0; indi=ddisk
overlap 2; do3d true
boxfile = 'MYAREA:' !! tname !! '.box
oboxfile = boxfile
dowait 1
bparm = ???, ???, etc
go setfc

other imagr parameters (robust, niter, minpatch, dotv,
    multi-scale parms?

go imagr
dowait=-1
return