[daip] Mosaic observations

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 27 13:15:27 EDT 2007

I can take a stab at suitable scripts but can't debug them without the
data.  I would usually make two run files.  The first would be named
e.g. PROCS.uuu where uuu is your user number in extended hex.  Put it
in an area also known by the environment variable MYAREA.

version 'MYAREA';
run PROCS

will compile the procedures.  That will could be something like:

$
$                        define variables
PROC DUMMY
STRING*12  TNAME
SCALAR     NSPLIT
RETURN
FINISH
$                        proc to dbcon all files of tname
PROC CONALL
inname=tname; inclass='split'; inse=0; indi = 0
chkname;
if error then; print 'no files'; return; end
nsplit=1-error;
task 'dbcon'; default;
inname=tname; incl='split'; inse=1
outname=tname; outcl='dbcon'; outse=0
if (nsplit=1) then; rename; return; end
in2n=tname; in2cl='split'; in2d=0
dowait true
$                                   dbcon
for in2s=2:nsplit; go; incl='dbcon; inse=0; end
$                                   clean up
if (nsplit>2) then
   for inse=1:(nsplit-2); zap; end; end
dowait=-1
return
finish
$
$                         imaging proc
PROC IMGIT
if (error) then; return; end
default imagr; default setfc
cellsize = ???
imsize   = ???
inname = tname; incl 'dbcon'; inse = 0; indi=0
overlap 2; do3d true
boxfile = 'MYAREA:' !! tname !! '.box
oboxfile = boxfile
dowait 1
bparm = ???, ???, etc
go setfc

other imagr parameters (robust, niter, minpatch, dotv,
    multi-scale parms?

go imagr
dowait=-1
return
finish
$
PROC DOIT
CONALL
IMGIT
RETURN
FINISH
$

=============================
note the leading comment line which is required.  Then I would prepare
a file with an editor starting from

clrname;
incl='split'
inse=1
cata
outprint='MYAREA:FILES.uuu'

and then cleaning up the output to look like

$                        lead comment required
tname='0012+456'; doit
tname='0013+457'; doit

etc.

then in aips
version 'myarea'
run files

but try it on one or two pointings first to make sure it works.
Note that the 2nd file is not procedures but simply a list of aips
commands.  I break it into 2 files, to avoid recompiling all the time.

I hope this helps - see Chapter 12 of the CookBook for more info about
procedures, POPS, etc.