[daip] calibration question

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 27 10:57:03 EDT 2007

Claire Chandler writes:

 > When I run SPLIT and the output tells me that a certain number of
 > visibilities have been "flagged by gain", how do I find out which
 > visibilities those were?  Is there some way of finding this out from the
 > CL table?

The flagging can also come from bandpass calibration if you are doing
that.  If not, you can try plotting or printing the CL table.  The
print will show INDE for bad solutions, the plot will omit those which
means if all IFs/polarizations of an antenna are bad at some time it
will not be so visible.  You can use color and modes like ALSI or
overlay graphics channels to try to see what is missing.  The counting
is done in $APLNOT/DATCAL and is logically somewhat complicated but I
think it gets things right.