[daip] visit to Soccoro

Anthony Rushton anthony.rushton at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk
Wed Mar 21 19:14:52 EDT 2007

Hi Michael/Amy,

Can I confirm with you the dates of my visit next month and book
accommodation (I need to book flights by the end of this week).

The best dates for me would be: arrive Wed. 11 April  leave Wed. 24 April.

We should perhapses decided exactly what I will be working on during my
two weeks with you.
As discussed earlier in the year, I am currently working on GRS1915
polarisation data from MERLIN.

I am also very interested in the weaker REXRB sources which I've been
attempting to chase with rapid VLBI production (i.e. eVLBI).
But it seems no more than a handful of sources have well understood
radio/X-ray coupling (especially over different time scales). Therefore
automated reduction scripts are becoming increasingly important (even
before the EVLA and eMERLIN starts firing data). So I'm interested in
comparing your strategy with what the EVN people are doing.

rgs,
Tony