[daip] AIPS help

Melanie Gendre mgendre at phas.ubc.ca
Mon Mar 19 15:18:53 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm having some issues with AIPS. I am reading the cookbook and trying to
see the data I have on my disk, but I can't.

My data are in the directory ~/Research/1.3Jy_Sample/VLAobservation/test
and are named AB534_1  AB534_2  AB534_3
They are data I downloaded from the archives.

When I start AIPS, I get:
START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
  (Using global default file /home/mgendre/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for
DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /home/mgendre/AIPS/DATA/LOCALHOST_1

Reading through the cookbook, I tried to use the task FILLM with the
following inputs:

AIPS 1: FILLM     Task to read a VLA archive tape
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INTAPE        1                    Tape drive number
AIPS 1: INFILE     'AB534_'                Non-blank: disk file name
AIPS 1: NFILES        0                    Number of files to advance
AIPS 1:                                    Also applies to ON-LINE!
AIPS 1: BAND       'X'                     Freq. band (4,P,L,C,X,U,K,Q)
AIPS 1: QUAL         -1                    Source qualifier -1=>all
AIPS 1: CALCODE    ' '                     Calibrator code
AIPS 1: VLAOBS     'AB534'                 VLA obs. pgm. name ('AZ99')
AIPS 1: VLAMODE    ' '                     VLA obs. mode ('  '=any)
AIPS 1: REFDATE    ' '                     Reference date. 'yyyymmdd'
AIPS 1: TIMERANG   *all 0                  Timerange selected
AIPS 1: BCHAN         1                    First spectral channel
AIPS 1: ECHAN         0                    Highest spectral channel
AIPS 1: OUTNAME    'TESTFILE'              Output UV file name (name)
AIPS 1: OUTSEQ        0                    Output UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: OUTDISK       1                    Output UV file disk unit #.
AIPS 1: DOUVCOMP      1                    1 (T) => compressed data
AIPS 1: DOALL         1                    1 (T) => write all data.
AIPS 1:                                    7 => FQ entry tolerance (kHz)
AIPS 1:                                         (see HELP)
AIPS 1:                                    8 => CL table time incr. min
AIPS 1:                                    9 => TY table time incr. min
AIPS 1:                                    10=> Calibrator avg. time
AIPS 1: DPARM      *all 0                  Selection by Frequency
AIPS 1:                                    1+2 => A Frequency (Hz)
AIPS 1:                                    3+4 => B Frequency (Hz)
AIPS 1:                                    5+6 => C Frequency (Hz)
AIPS 1:                                    7+8 => D Frequency (Hz)
AIPS 1:                                    9 => tolerance for A&C
AIPS 1:                                    10 => tolerance for B&D
AIPS 1: BPARM      *all 0                  Opacity and Gain curve
AIPS 1:                                    control (see help)
AIPS 1: IN2FILE    *all ' '                Antenna gains file

I then typed "catalog" and "indi 0;ucat" to see if AIPS was seeing my data
and both time, I got nothing:
AIPS 1: Catalog on disk  1
AIPS 1:  Cat Usid Mapname      Class   Seq  Pt     Last access      Stat

I tried adding the directory in which my data are to the DADEVS.LIST file,
but it told me that
/home/mgendre/Research/1.3Jy_Sample/VLAobservation/test is currently
unavailable.

Am I missing something? Should I put my data somewhere else?

Melanie

--
Office: Henn 310D
phone: 604-822-2117