[daip] AIPS Mosaic Sensitivity

Matthew Sharp sharp at seek.uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 15 14:03:19 EDT 2007

Dear Designated AIP,

   I'm currently visiting NRAO, along with Dan Marrone.  We're trying
to learn to make mosaic maps with AIPS and VLA data.

   So far everything is going pretty smoothly, but we're having
trouble finding advice about making sensitivity maps.  We're making
our mosaics with task 'FLATN'.  Is it still possible to use "STESS" to
make a map of the sensitivity in our mosaics, or is there another,
more suitable task?

   I have a collection of many maps of individual pointings, and setup
STESS with what seem like appropriate inputs, and it crashes with
errors:
  STESS1: PBCALC: VLA ANTENNA USED FOR ARRAY
  STESS1: ZABORS: SIGNAL 11 RECEIVED
  STESS1: ABORT!

  any advice?

  many thanks