[daip] TPMON

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Mar 12 11:39:35 EDT 2007

shoshana rosenthal writes:

 > HI
 >
 > I found that the TPMONs are created with rwsr-xr-x permission,
 > is there a reason for it?
 > When I change the permission to rwx-r-xr-x the START_TPSERVERS
 > finds the libraries correctly and work fine.

Are you compiling your own TPMONs?  I thought that you were.  In that
case, there should not be any problem.  If you are downloading from
us, then there is a bit of a problem because management here wants
TPMON to be suid aips which requires root provilege.  (This means that
users can log in as aips and kill "stuck" TPMONs.)

The ldd you sent for the TPMONs had a path that could not be from us
nor did it match the LD_LIBRARY_PATH you sent me.