[daip] CALIB issue: not recognizing RR data

Kisha Delain kdelain at astro.umn.edu
Mon Jun 25 18:47:33 EDT 2007

Hi

I've been having problems with CALIB on a P-band data set.  This is
initial calibration between SETJY and GETJY for the secondary calibrators,
using the 31DEC06 release.

Essentially, CALIB is not seeing any data for the R polarization.  It sees
the L polarization just fine:

CALIB1: RPOL, IF= 1 The average gain over these antennas is 0.000E+00
CALIB1: RPOL, IF= 2 The average gain over these antennas is 0.000E+00
LPOL, IF= 1 The average gain over these antennas is 4.445E+00
CALIB1: LPOL, IF= 2 The average gain over these antennas is 4.590E+00
CALIB1: Found          168 good solutions
CALIB1: Failed on      168 solutions

I can see the R polarizations just fine in LISTR.  I thought it might be
something weird in the flag table but even deleting it entirely doesn't
fix the problem (It still says Rpol is 0).  Oddly, the primary calibrators
worked just fine.

Do you have any ideas/suggestions?  I've tried a lot of things, including
restricting the antennas, lowering the signal-to-noise, and a few other
things, but nothing seems to work.

Thanks
Kisha

|Kisha Delain            University of Minnesota |
|Graduate Student        Department of Astronomy |
|Phone: 612-626-1841     116 Church St SE        |
|FAX: 612-626-2029       Minneapolis, MN 55455   |
|         email: kdelain at astro.umn.edu           |
|          www.astro.umn.edu/~kdelain            |