[daip] SNPLT self scale problem.

R. Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 13 22:19:51 EDT 2007

I am trying to look at PC table phases with SNPLT.  Mostly it works fine,
but  I have encountered a problem with self scaling of the plots.  I am
using DO3COL and plotting 2 IFs, 2 polarizations.  One station looked like
it only had data from one IF/pol.  The self scaled range went from about
150 to about 360.  Starting to try to found out what happened to the
missing data, I then forced the scale with PIXRANGE to -182 to 182, and
the rest of the signals appeared, below the lowest self scaled value.  It
looks like one stations was scaled to only show 1 IF/pol, 3 stations were
scaled to show 3 IF/pol and the other 5 stations (9 total) showed all 4
IF/pol.  I haven't noticed a pattern in the results yet.

Here are the inputs I used on my Mac Powerbook.

AIPS 1: SNPLT:  Task to plot selected contents of SN, TY, PC or CL file.
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     'BW088D'                UV data (name).
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'MULTI'                 UV data (class).
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    UV data (seq. #).  0 => high
AIPS 1: INDISK        4                    Disk unit #.  0 => any
AIPS 1: INEXT      'PC'                    Input 'SN','TY','PC', 'CL'
AIPS 1: INVERS        1                    Input table file version no.
AIPS 1: SOURCES    *all ' '                Source list
AIPS 1: QUAL         -1                    Source qualifier -1=>all
AIPS 1: TIMERANG   *all 0                  Time range to plot
AIPS 1: STOKES     'HALF'                  Stokes type to plot: R, L,
AIPS 1:                                       RR, LL, RRLL, DIFF, RATO
AIPS 1: SELBAND      -1                    Bandwidth to plot (kHz)
AIPS 1: SELFREQ      -1                    Frequency to plot (MHz)
AIPS 1: FREQID       -1                    Freq. ID to plot, -1=>all
AIPS 1: SUBARRAY      0                    Limit to subarray; 0 -> 1
AIPS 1:                                       -1 -> all
AIPS 1: BIF           0                    First IF to plot, 0=>1.
AIPS 1: EIF           0                    Last IF to plot 0 -> highest
AIPS 1: ANTENNAS   *all 0                  Antennas to plot 0=>all
AIPS 1: PIXRANGE      0           0        Range to plot: 0 => self
AIPS 1:                                    scale each antenna separately
AIPS 1: NPLOTS        9                    Number of plots per page
AIPS 1: XINC          1                    Plot every XINC'th point
AIPS 1: OPTYPE     'PHAS'                  Data to be plotted:
AIPS 1:                                    'PHAS','AMP ','DELA','MDEL',
AIPS 1:                                    'RATE','TSYS','TANT','ATM ',
AIPS 1:                                    'GEO ','DOPL','SNR ','SUM ',
AIPS 1:                                    'CCAL','DDLY','REAL','IMAG',
AIPS 1:                                    'IFR '       ' '=phas.
AIPS 1: OPCODE     'ALSI'                  Type of plot:
AIPS 1:                                    'IFDF' => diff BIF and EIF
AIPS 1:                                    'IFRA' => ratio BIF and EIF
AIPS 1:                                    'ALIF' => combine all IFs
AIPS 1:                                    'ALST' => combine all Stokes
AIPS 1:                                    'ALSI' => all IFs & Stokes
AIPS 1: DO3COL        1                    > 0 use 3-color symbols for
AIPS 1:                                    ALIF, ALST, ALSI OPCODEs and
AIPS 1:                                    SUM OPTYPE.
AIPS 1: BCOUNT        2                    If INEXT ='PC' and OPTYPE =
AIPS 1:                                    'AMP' or 'PHAS, BCOUNT
AIPS 1:                                    specifies the phase cal tone
AIPS 1:                                    number to be plotted. 0->1.
AIPS 1: XAXIS         0                    Variable data is to be
AIPS 1:                                    plotted against, 0=>time.
AIPS 1: SYMBOL       23                    Plot symbol number: 1 - 24
AIPS 1: FACTOR        0                    Scale plot symbols by FACTOR
AIPS 1:                                    <0 => connect points too
AIPS 1: CUTOFF        0                    Table weights <= CUTOFF will
AIPS 1:                                    not be plotted, flagged data
AIPS 1:                                    are not plotted.
AIPS 1: LTYPE         3                    Type of labeling: 1 border,
AIPS 1:                                    2 no ticks, 3 - 6 standard,
AIPS 1:                                    7 - 10 only tick labels
AIPS 1:                                    <0 -> no date/time
AIPS 1: DOTV          1                    > 0 Do plot on the TV, else
AIPS 1:                                    make a plot file
AIPS 1: GRCHAN        0                    Graphics channel
~

If you need the data, let me know.  Otherwise I would think that the
problem will not be too subtle.

Now off to understand why some MK PC data that came in while MK was not
observing (source down) was assigned to NL - making NL PC data double
valued in the affected time range.  The problem is not there in the tsm
data that would be found with PCLOD.

Cheers,

Craig

    R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
    cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
    Phone  505 835 7247        P. O. Box O
    Fax    505 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA