[daip] Problem reducing data from AK403

Melanie Gendre mgendre at phas.ubc.ca
Tue Jul 24 15:23:51 EDT 2007

Hi,

My name is Melanie and I am trying to get data reduced from the program
AK403 in X band and I am having some trouble (I've reduced data for 9
other programs without problems).

I load the program in AIPS using fillm without problem, except the message:
localh> FILLM1: Number bad nominal sensitivities: ant 12 IF 1 =         1
localh> FILLM1: Number bad nominal sensitivities: ant 12 IF 2 =         1

The summary of observation tells me that the primary calibrator is 1328+307.
Looking at the antenna location, I chose antenna 4 as reference. Looking
at the antenna with listr doesn't show any major problem.

I set the flux of the primary using setjy, it works.
Then, when I try to calibrate with vlacal, it dies.

I enter:
> run vlaprocs
> task 'vlacalib' ; default
> getn 1
> calsour '1328+307'; uvrange 0 400; refant 4
> calcode '*';snver 1; doprint 0
> minamp 10; minph 10; freqid 1; vlacal

and I get the following message:
localh> CALIB1: CALIB USING AK403_UV     . X BAND .   1 DISK=  1 USID=2403
localh> CALIB1: Selecting and editing the data
localh> CALIB1: Doing cal transfer mode with point model for each source
localh> CALIB1: This is not self-calibration
localh> CALIB1: Dividing data by source flux densities
localh> CALIB1: Determining solutions using amp-scalar averaging
localh> CALIB1: Writing SN table    1
localh> CALIB1: RPOL, IF= 1 The average gain over these antennas is
0.000E+00
localh> CALIB1: RPOL, IF= 2 The average gain over these antennas is
0.000E+00
localh> CALIB1: LPOL, IF= 1 The average gain over these antennas is
0.000E+00
localh> CALIB1: LPOL, IF= 2 The average gain over these antennas is
0.000E+00
localh> CALIB1: ERROR: NO VALID SOLUTIONS FOUND
localh> CALIB1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
localh> CALIB1: localhost    31DEC07 TST: Cpu=       0.1  Real=       1

I tried changing 1328+307 by 1331+305 or 3C286, I tried changing the ref
antenna, but nothing works.

Any ideas?

Thank you
Melanie