[daip] More BATCH/disk problems on pilabo

Frazer Owen fowen at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 16 14:49:41 EDT 2007

    I have been trying run BATCH jobs. All three days all the BATCH
queues have started up OK but
then died minutes or hours after I go home.

    I also seem to have a problem with my disk 5 on pilabo. AIPS is
unable to see any of the data
under user 610 which I have on that disk.

    I also get the following message when I run a CALIB job either
interactively or in BATCH

CALIBI 13:35:08 Create 1046+59     .SC1   .1231 (UV)  on disk  4  cno   12
CALIBI 13:35:14 Selecting and editing the data
CALIBI 13:35:24 ZCREAT: FILE DA05:CBD001001.0GY; ALREADY EXISTS
CALIBI 13:35:24 CATDIR: WARNING - AN OLD HEADER FILE WAS PRESENT
CALIBI 13:35:24 ZCREAT: FILE DA05:SCD001001.0GY; ALREADY EXISTS
CALIBI 13:35:24 SCREAT: DISK  5 ERROR    1 ON SCRATCH CREATE
CALIBI 13:35:24 CATDIR: INCOMPLETE ID ON CLOSE OF CATNO     1
CALIBI 13:37:38 Doing self-cal mode with CC model ...

    I can't find the files it seems to complaining about, except one
which has just been
created on disk 5. I suspect there is some sort of AIPS problem on disk
5 which does
appear to have all it data present.

    Also other user numbers can see data on disk 5.

    When I run with BADDISK 5, the messages go away. I suspect that my
problems have
something to do with creating files on disk 5, perhaps as part of the
BATCH process.

    I believe there is a standalone RECAT program in the AIPS utilities
which perhaps I
need to run on userno 610. However, I don't know how to that. Is it
possible someone can
give me some help doing that ?

---Frazer