[daip] request for support

ereynoso at iafe.uba.ar ereynoso at iafe.uba.ar
Thu Jul 5 15:35:23 EDT 2007

Dear sir,

I have a problem with an archival file of VLA data from 1996 that I am now
trying to deal with.
I was searching for HI data towards Kepler's supernova remnant (that I
positively knew was observed on September 1996); the result of the search
was a set of observations in the L band and in the D configuration under
the project name TESTS, ranging from 96-Sep-14 00:42:40 to 02:37:39, but
when I load the data into aips with FILLM and list the scans, find only
data from 01:16:50 onwards and at 45 GHz. I see nothing at 21 cm or at the
position of Kepler's SNR (but at a nearby source: 'M17-UC1'). I tried this
search several times constraining more and more the parameters, selecting
coordinates instead of source name, etc, and the result is always the same
file.

Could you give me a hint on what is going on? I am afraid that the
relevant data I am interested in (that is, HI towards Kepler's SNR) were
observed between 00:42:40 and 01:16:50, and for some reason FILLM is not
reading them or LISTR is not listing them.

Thank you very much in advance for any help you can give me.
Best regards,

Estela Reynoso