[daip] MX error

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 3 15:46:11 EDT 2007

Modhurita Mitra writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I get the following error while running MX:

     The first question is why are you running MX?  It is obsolete and
has had no attention paid to it in many years.

 > MX   1: NO RESIDUAL POINTS LOADED INTO AP, I QUIT
 > MX   1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes

    In IMAGR, errors like this have been dealt with - they arise from
a failure in the histogram methods used to determine which pixels to
load to the "AP".  Usually they arise only when the beam itself has
problems such as high values in the corners.

 > Also, I get this error:
 >
 > AIPS 1: Skypos: IPOL  43217.990 MHZ
 > AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE DA01:HID00Y001.0RS;      NOT FOUND

     This says that the input data set (catalog number 35) does not
have a HIstory file.