[daip] BLANK-like operation

Joseph Lazio Joseph.Lazio at nrl.navy.mil
Fri Jan 26 09:55:46 EST 2007

Hi,

I have a spectral-line cube (actually a set of them).  What I'd like
to do is set a small rectangle within the larger image and have all of
the pixel values within that rectangle, on all planes, set to
magic-value blanks.

To make this more specific, consider a 512x512x15 cube (15 planes,
with each plane consisting of a 512x512 image).  I'd set a small
window, say, (20,20) as the bottom left corner and (30,30) as the top
right corner.  All of the pixels, on all 15 planes, within this window
are set to blank, but all of the other pixels are retained.

BLANK doesn't quite do this.  The best I've been able to devise is to
SQASH the image, BLANK the SQASH'ed image, then use the OPCODE='IN2C'
mode of BLANK to go back and blank the cube.

Am I missing the obvious?

-- Joe

--
T. Joseph W. Lazio, Ph.D.        voice: +1 202 404 6329
Remote Sensing Division          fax:   +1 202 404 8894
Naval Research Lab, Code 7213    Joseph.Lazio at nrl.navy.mil
Washington, DC 20375-5351 USA    http://rsd-www.nrl.navy.mil/7213/lazio/