[daip] AIPS TV problem

Marla Geha marlageha at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 22:55:11 EST 2007

Hi-

I am running AIPS on my intel-based MAC laptop.  I installed the most
recent version on Dec 15th and have been running without a problem.
I have recently encounted a problem with the TV server.  While the TV
server has run smoothly several times, it no longer comes up when I
start AIPS.  The error messages I get at start-up are below.   Is
there a way to re-initialize the TV server?

Thanks,
-Marla Geha

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called localhost
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on localhost asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LOCALHOST asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC07 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC07) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on localhost
XASERVERS: Start XAS on localhost, DISPLAY :0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width height 1430 800, max grey level 255
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0
MakeLink: bind error (INET): Address already in use
TVSERVER told to shut down by XAS
XAS: Quitting NOW.