[daip] MNJ

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 9 15:13:52 EST 2007

shoshana rosenthal writes:

 > Hi,
 >
 > We are getting the following errors in the MNJ.
 > If we move away the files from   31DEC07/ALPHA/SYSTEM/
 > as recommended, they get created after the next MNJ.
 > -----
 > cvs update: move away 31DEC07/ALPHA/SYSTEM/CCOPTS.SH; it is in the way
 > cvs update: move away 31DEC07/ALPHA/SYSTEM/CDVER.CSH; it is in the way
 > cvs update: move away 31DEC07/ALPHA/SYSTEM/CDVER.SH; it is in the way
 > cvs update: move away 31DEC07/ALPHA/SYSTEM/COMLNK.ADD; it is in the way
 > cvs update: move away 31DEC07/ALPHA/SYSTEM/COMRPL.ADD; it is in the way
 > cvs update: move away 31DEC07/ALPHA/SYSTEM/FDEFAULT.SH; it is in the way
 > cvs update: move away 31DEC07/ALPHA/SYSTEM/INCS.SH; it is in the way
 > cvs update: move away 31DEC07/ALPHA/SYSTEM/LDOPTS.SH; it is in the way
 > cvs update: move away 31DEC07/ALPHA/SYSTEM/LIBR.DAT; it is in the way

     cvs for some reason decides that these files are not appropriate
after the installation and wants to replace them.  Delete the old ones
and let cvs replace them - they should not then be in the way a second
time.  You may have to do this with almost all the $arch/SYSTEM areas
- this happens with a few installs but not with all and I have no
understanding why.  The $arch's that are there are ALPHA, AXLINUX,
DEC, HP, HP2, IBM, LINUX, LINUXPPC, MACPPC, MACINT, SGI, SOL, SOL86,
SUL, SUN4.  The LINUX, SUL, MACPPC, and MACINT are more likely to be
okay since they are the ones actively in use - the others seem to have
an rsync vs cvs issue on occasion.

Eric Greisen

 > UPDCVS - cvs update of 31DEC07 had abnormal completion
 > AIPSUPD - UPDCVS failed, Status=1
 > Please help
 >
 > --
 > Thanks
 > SHoshana

Note - please use daip at nrao.edu - I want Wes Young our systems expert
to see messages like this.  He may get a bright idea how to prevent
these matters.

Eric