[daip] problem on starting tv

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 27 17:04:10 EST 2007

Tingting Lu writes:

 > Dear Eric,
 >
 >       I did 'ps -e lf' after I quit the aips by 'kleenex' and found one
 > process 'TPMON1' is still left. I tried 'kill' and start aips again, as
 > you mentioned, there is still the problem. So what should I do with that?
 > Thanks again!

Has more than 20 minutes gone by - I would assume so?  TPMON1 is okay
- it is a separate daemon for remote fits disk files ("tape").

If that much time has passed, I would recommend re-booting the
computer.  If that is not easy to do, you can use Unix socket TVs
until some time when the Inet one will again work.

        aips tv=local

and read HELP AIPS to see all the power that the tv=local:n option
offers.  This is also in the aips man page and the cookbook.

hat kind of computer is this?