[daip] AIPS install failure

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 27 16:28:13 EST 2007

Dan Marrone writes:

 > FILAI1: ZCREA2: ERROR CREATING SPACE LOCK FILE = DA00:SPACE
 > FILAI1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:BQD000000;
 > FILAI1: ZERROR: IN ZCREA2 ERRNO = 2 (No such file or directory)
 > FILAI1: FILE TYPE BQ CREATE ERROR      4

This seems to say that the area $DA00 that it expects to be present is
in fact missing.  That area is normally

          $AIPS_ROOT/DA00/$HOST

I find that sometimes, during installation, users change their mind
about the SITE name.  This seems to occur most particularly when
installing a new release when the site already has an older version.
The file $AIPS_ROOT/HOSTS.LIST can get messed up - or show the old
$SITE for the hostname or some such.  When the service programs FILAIP
and POPSGN are run at the end, the LOGIN.CSH or LOGIN.SH files are
executed and then the service programs run.  The current error seems
to suggest that there is some confusion on the host name.

Try

cd $AIPS_ROOT
source LOGIN.CSH  (or . LOGIN.SH for bash shell)
echo $HOST $SITE
cat HOSTS.LIST
cd $DA00
pwd
ls

If the output of these does not suggest an answer - send those outputs
to me and I amy be able to see what is going on.