[daip] problem on starting tv

Tingting Lu ttlu at cita.utoronto.ca
Tue Feb 27 15:47:05 EST 2007

Dear AIPS helper,

     I am a new user of Aips, and I have met some problem to start tv,
which may come from closing the tv window by accident last time.
Could you help me to have a look? I installed the software on my ibook G4.
Here are the error messages.

AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on localhost
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XASERVERS: Start XAS on localhost, DISPLAY :0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width height 1014 668, max grey level 255
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
MakeLink: bind error (INET): Address already in use
TVSERVER told to shut down by XAS
XAS: Quitting NOW.

    Thanks in advance,
    Tingting