[daip] scimg or imagr question

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 23 15:45:31 EST 2007

Hanno Spreeuw writes:
 > Thank you for your quick reply. This is P-band VLA-data of the GC in CnB
 > configuration.
 > I set MINPATCH very large (1024), perhaps that is too large?
 > MAXPIXEL default value.
 > Beam is not odd, it's a 6 hour run.
 > 21 channels per IF to avoid bandwidth smearing.
 > It is 31DEC04 with all available patches.
 > I will come back to your questions concerning the residual image and the
 > allocation of memory next week.
 > Thanks,
 > Hanno.
 > PS: what is the imagr multi-scale bug?
 > PPS: Is SCIMG going to be extended for SDI clean and multi-resolution clean?

I was assuming that you had a modern aips - yes the MINPATCH may be
too large for your AP size which is fixed when you compile AIPS in
your version, but not in 31DEC07.  The multi-scale bug was in 31DEC07.

One could add the further options (they are in the class just not
allowed by the interface).  Yours is perhaps the first inquiry.  The
self-cal phase does statistics on things which might have to change
for multi-scale.

ERic Greisen