[daip] AIPS install to Mac OS X

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 6 12:12:50 EST 2007

José Manuel Pont Sarmiento writes:
 > Dear Hagi,
 >
 > I was tring to install AIPS on a OS X over a PPC when, suddenly, I it
 > gives me an error. I was looking for some information about and I
 > found a message written by you a few years ago with the same error:
 >
 > > AipsWiz: /sw/bin/g77 -O -o PP.EXE PP.f ZTRLOP.o
 > > AipsWiz: Error: Failed to build PP.EXE in
 > > /Users/hagi/Aips/31DEC05/MACPPC/SYSTEM/MTK
 >
 > Did you resolve that problem?
 >
 > I would really appreciate an answer to it :)
 >
 > Thank you so much.
 >
 > Cheers,
 > José M. Pont

Do you have some reason to want to compile your own version?  Are you
planning to develop your own software using the aips libraries?  If
not, then I would recommend the binary version from us
    perl install.pl -n
But see my reply to your second message.

The trick with the above is to do it by hand and see what other error
messages appear.  The script often hides the important messages.