[daip] Midnight Job

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Dec 2 13:18:28 EST 2007

Adam J. Mott writes:
 > wanted to update).  But now when I type do_daily_localhost, it barks
 > at me:
 >
 > AIPSUPD - calling UPDCVS
 > UPDCVS - no $HOME/.cvspass; cvs should be primed with
 > UPDCVS - a command like so:
 > UPDCVS - /usr/bin/cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at mnj.aoc.nrao.edu:/home/aipssrc/cvs login
 > UPDCVS - This should have been done by MAKE.MNJ.
 > AIPSUPD - UPDCVS failed, Status=1
 >
 > Is there an easy way for me to restore the setup for the midnight
 > job?  I'm guessing that there must have been a file (.cvspass ?) that
 > had info for the midnight job which I did not include as part of my
 > backup before I reinstalled my OS.

   I guess this file either gets deleted by your process or its
contents become nonfunctional (it might contain OS ID numbers etc).
If you type the command suggested in the error message:

/usr/bin/cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at mnj.aoc.nrao.edu:/home/aipssrc/cvs login

and simply hit Enter when prompted for a password, the fille will be
recreated.

 > Also, for future reference, what would have been the "elegant" way to
 > backup my AIPS setup before wiping my hard drive?  Would it have been
 > better to just backup my entire catalog using "FITTP" inside AIPS,
 > reinstall AIPS from scratch using the standard install script, and
 > then import my data from the FITS files back into AIPS?

Your method of conversion is quite okay.  Reinstalling seems rather a
lot of work.