[daip] MATCH

Andy Biggs adb at roe.ac.uk
Wed Aug 29 09:09:21 EDT 2007

Hi Eric. I've been doing some digging to shed some more light on the
problem. I use ANBPL to display the hour angle of each data point; the
output from MATCH is shifted by -8 hours compared to the input. I then
modified TI2HA to print out a number of its variables. GSTIAT has changed
after executing MATCH, by the same number of hours.

The reference date of the master file appears to lurk somewhere in the
MATCH output where it is used by the hour angle routines. The dates of my
master file and the file on which I run MATCH differ by almost exactly 16
months; sidereal times separated by this amount of time differ by -8
hours. This appears to be the cause of the problem.

Unfortunately, my AIPS programming skills are limited and I don't know
where the hour angle routines are getting GSTIAT from. The observe date in
the header is the correct date of observation, but as I mentioned, the
reference date in the AN table is that of the master file. Changing this
with TABED makes no difference to the hour angle routines.

I hope that some of this makes sense.

Andy