[daip] STUFFR

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 27 12:24:42 EDT 2007

Andy Biggs writes:
 > Hi again Eric. This was what I was afraid of and would appear to be
 > disastrous for various datasets that myself and others have mapped in the
 > past. Just looking back at another wide-field VLA dataset that I still
 > have on disk, the data were taken in two sessions about a year apart and
 > the antenna numbers for each are, unsurprisingly, completely different,
 > pad-wise. However, the final maps look excellent, without any hint of a
 > problem with the data. I'm surprised that anything recognisable appears in
 > the maps at all.

Actually, UBAVG compares adjacent uv data samples in BT and averages
them only if the u,v's are within a certain distance set by the
desired field of view.  This almost certainly helps prevent wrong
averaging although it also prevents right averaging thereby leaving
you with too many samples in the imaging.  I suspect that this means
that your images are ok but in future you might wish to use MATCH to
align the data sets before STUFFR.