[daip] EDITR

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Aug 21 11:38:28 EDT 2007

Andy Biggs writes:
 > Hi Eric. I've just been using EDITR and I managed to get it to display
 > pseudo-IBLED behaviour. It seems impossible to cycle through every antenna
 > like IBLED does, but if I enter an antenna with 'ENTER OTHER ANT', I can
 > then scroll through all the baselines to that antenna with 'NEXT ANTENNA'.
 > When I enter the antenna it seems to want 11 numbers so I give it e.g. '1
 > 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0'. This is quite clunky as I need to enter the next
 > antenna by hand after every baseline to the first has been checked.
 > Another disadvantage is that I see certain baselines more than once.
 > However, I'm probably using EDITR not as was intended or am doing
 > something silly.
 >
 > A few things about its behaviour. I set UVRANG as the rfi is confined to
 > only the shortest baselines. Even if a baseline has no data due to this it
 > still tries to plot something whereas it would speed up the process if it
 > didn't. IBLED seems to do this okay.

      EDITR knows if an antenna is present but not on a baseline
basis.  IBLED shows only 1 baseline at a time and can loop on if no
points are found while EDITR is doing things on specified antennas
and so is a bit more stuck with doing what you ask.

 > Also, I entered an antenna that wasn't present in the array and EDITR
 > dumped me out. Fortunately my flags are still present in the FC table.

Again I am not sure what you did.  I tried entering invalid antennas
and it simply ignored me in both ENTER ANTENNA and ENTER OTHER ANT.  I
did overhaul that could some to improve NEXT ANTENNA and NEXT BASELINE
so perhaps I plugged a hole since your earlier attempt.  I suppose a
really really bad antenna number, e.g. 999 might provoke something by
looking way away from where it should in memory - I tested only
numbers like 33 which are valid antenna numbers (but nopt present in
my data).