[daip] fillm

Neal Miller nmiller at skysrv.pha.jhu.edu
Wed Aug 15 14:54:45 EDT 2007

Sorry to keep innundating DAIP with emails, but this should
be the last one (unless I am directly asked!). The difference
in my two machines and installations is certainly in FILLM.
I've attached plots uv amplitude vs baseline distance, one
for each installation. "narya" is my older machine with 31DEC06
installed late July 2006, and "nenya" is the new machine with
31DEC07 installed on August 3. The adverbs for FILLM are the
same for each fill, and for the plots I have flagged out data
of zero amplitude (I filled without applying flags, and the
flags I set myself are basically just the starts of scans before
the antennas were on source).

As another obvious check, I filled the data using the older
machine and wrote it to a disk file using FITTP. I then had
the new machine read it using FITLD and proceeded with the
usual calibration steps. The results were identical to those
I obtained using the older installation, so CALIB, BPASS, etc.
are all in the clear.

Thanks,
Neal