[daip] array simulations

Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
Sun Aug 12 11:58:46 EDT 2007

Joe,

As I see GEOPOS.FOR converts antenna positions from lat,long.elev
coordinate system to the equatorial coordinate system (Z toward the
north pole). This is very simple.

Antenna position given at any coordinate system tied with the Earth is
recalculated at UVCON into the celestial coordinate system taking into
account the Earth rotation around its axis and around the SUN through
GST. Something similar should be done for the case of the array located
at the Moon. My opinion that such an option should be done at the
private version of UVCON, but I'd like to discuss it at the AIPS meeting
this Wednesday. Tell me please what is it for.

Leonia