[daip] strange uvflg errors

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 8 17:09:36 EDT 2007

Jacqueline Hodge writes:

 > I'm having some trouble with UVFLG.  It started when I tried calling it
 > with tget as usual, and got something like "SYMBOL? [ ]" (I don't remember
 > what was in the brackets, but it was something like OUTFLGVER..)  When I
 > tried doing "task 'uvflg'" instead, i got a message about a missing
 > adverb.  I tried doing restore 0 and a few other things, but now when I
 > try to run UVFLG, I get something like this:

    UVFLG and several other tasks have a new adverb OUTFGVER.  Your
old vocabulary (reloaded every time you start aips) does not know this
word.  A RESTORE 0 is too drastic an action - you can simply say
COMPRESS (as suggested in the error ,essage) and you will magically
have the word added to your vocabulary and saved for next time when
you exit.

 > >go
 > forrtl: severe (61): format/variable-type mismatch, unit -5, file Internal
 > Formatted Write
 > Image              PC        Routine            Line        Source
 > UVFLG.EXE          080FDF04  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
 > UVFLG.EXE          080FCADC  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
 > UVFLG.EXE          080DAF6D  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
 > UVFLG.EXE          080B2804  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
 > UVFLG.EXE          080B2CDB  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
 > UVFLG.EXE          080CA344  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
 > UVFLG.EXE          080C9725  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
 > UVFLG.EXE          08056F37  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
 > UVFLG.EXE          0804B0D0  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
 > UVFLG.EXE          0804B01D  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
 > Unknown            0012679A  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
 > UVFLG.EXE          0804AF51  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
 > AIPS 1: Resumes

   A remarkable response to a minor Fortran error I made which will be
fixed with tomorrow's MNJ (I left out a format code in 2 history file
entries).  The flagging should have been fully entered in the FG table
before this event.  Odd that it worked for me - it should have said
something...

Sorry about the trouble.

Eric Greisen