[daip] tv wont start

Mike Bell mrbell at brandeis.edu
Mon Apr 2 16:16:47 EDT 2007

thanks for the quick reply.  so you were right, i did not have execute
permissions on XAS1.  i changed permissions and the error message went away,
but the tv still doesn't show up.  here is what aips tells me at login
now...

mrbell at mygalaxy:~/aips$ aips tv=local
START_AIPS: Will use or start first available Unix Socket based TV
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the
START_AIPS:  - system name , AIPS type

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
  (Using global default file /home/mrbell/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for
DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /home/mrbell/aips/DATA/LOCALHOST_1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called localhost
START_AIPS:  - but have chosen to run the TV locally on LOCALHOST
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on localhost asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - WITH Unix Sockets as requested...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LOCALHOST asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC07 AIPS with normal priority
UNIXSERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSRV1 on localhost
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
UNIXSERVERS: Start XAS1 on localhost, DISPLAY :0.0
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC07) at priority =   0
UNIXSERVERS: Start graphics server TKSRV1 on localhost, display :0.0
UNIXSERVERS: Start message server MSSRV1 on localhost, display :0.0
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Unix (local) domain
AIPS 1: You are not on a local TV device, welcome stranger
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   7
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   7
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number