[daip] sensitivity

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Apr 2 16:38:09 EDT 2007

Matthew Sharp writes:

 >    The version I have is Dec06.  Will I need to install Dec07 to find
 > the new options?   I must not have setup the midnight job properly,
 > and the instructions on running it by hand are sketchy.   I'm not sure
 > if I need to be working on cleaning my machine of the current version
 > to make room for a new one, or on getting the midnight job update to
 > work...

the MNj is normally run by hand - we run it with a cron but remote
sites usually run it when they feel like it (e.g. when the laptop is
plugged into the internet).  It is a script called
        $HOME/do_daily.<hostname>
in your home area.  The changes I made in FLATN are large enough that
I cannot put them back into 31DEC06.  I have discovered that STESS
does not work even if I blow up all the images to the desired output
size.  I have found a reason for that so I might put that fix back
into 31DEC06.  You really want FLATN anyway and that requires 31DEC07.
If you have a free Gbyte (actually somewhat less) you do not need to
blow away 31DEC06 and I would not recommend it.  Instead fetch
install.pl from our 31DEC07 ftp site, edit ~/.AIPSRC a little and then
      perl install.pl -n
You can probably answer with a plain carriage return essentially all
questions that it asks.  Once you establish that 31DEC07 works, then
you can do an rm -rf on 31DEC06 if you want.