[daip] VPLOT problem?

Andy Biggs adb at roe.ac.uk
Thu Sep 28 10:51:40 EDT 2006

Hi there. I've noticed today (and been reminded that I've seen this
behaviour in the not so distant past) that sometimes VPLOT does not plot
the full timerange of the data. I have simulated some data using UVCON and
should be getting 6 hours worth. When I plot it in VPLOT it should go from
0/21:27 to 1/03:27, but it isn't getting past 1/03:00. If I start plotting
from 0/23:00 (say) then I do get the end of my data.

This problem seems related to a previous user query about VPLOT that I
found on the web:

http://listmgr.cv.nrao.edu/pipermail/daip/2005-October/008797.html

I tried plotting my data in 31DEC05 (instead of 06) and found even more
bizarre behaviour. It still refused to plot all my data, much less in
fact, but also plotted extremely slowly. The numbers of visibilities it
reported for each baseline were also ridiculously high e.g. 1264302
instead of 4790. It was taking so long that I aborted the task and this
killed the XAS window.

By the way, I can use LISTR (after running MULTI) to print things like the
elevation at each antenna and this shows the full timerange.

Cheers.

Andy