[daip] physical filename format

Derek Moss dm at astro.soton.ac.uk
Mon Sep 18 08:06:17 EDT 2006

Hi

I am running AIPS DEC03 on Redhat Enterprise 4, at the University of
Southampton in the UK.

I have a load of data on disks, but can't figure out the AIPS userid of
the owner.

The Going AIPS progammers manual says that the ZPHFIL routine creates the
filenames by converting various numbers from inside AIPS (INVER, catalogue
number, userid etc) into hexidecimal. This seems very sensible. But, the
filenames that I get from in the DAxx disks are not in hex. They feature
numeric characters from 0 to 9 and alphabetical characters from A to Z.

Is there some other level of encoding that I am missing?
Sorry if I am being dim and missing something obvious.

Thanks
Derek