[daip] TVSERV.EXE Issue

Adrienne Stilp adrienne at astro.washington.edu
Mon Oct 30 13:17:47 EST 2006

Hi,

I tried installing it to a networked drive (/astro/apps/aips) and got the
same errors. We thought they might be fixed by installing it locally, but
it didn't work either. Ideally I want it installed to the networked drive
so anyone can use it.

The $AIPS_ROOT/31DEC06/LINUX/LOAD directory is unpopulated other than a
XAS and a XAS.odl file. I'm guessing that this is not normal. This is the
case for both the /astro/apps/aips and the /local/tmp/aips installations.

I checked the START_AIPS file and it sets AIPS_ROOT to
/astro/apps/aips/AIPS, which is where I want it to look. Is this the error
in the proc files you were thinking of, or is it something else?

Thanks,
Adrienne