[daip] new aips error

shoshana rosenthal shoshana at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Oct 13 13:07:59 EDT 2006

HI,

I installed aips version 31DEC05 on a 2xIntel Xeon 5160 3.0GHz dual core
computer, running REdHat Enterprise.
I used the Intel compiler and APSIZE of 81MB.
No problems with INSTEP2 and INSTEP4. when trying to run aips we get the
following error
---------------------
aips notv
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the
START_AIPS:  - system name , AIPS type

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
  (Using global default file /u1/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /u1/AIPS/DATA/BALENTIA_2
   Disk 2 (2) is /u1/AIPS/DATA/BALENTIA_1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on BALENTIA asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC05 AIPS with normal priority
forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred

Stack trace terminated abnormally.
[aips at BALENTIA INSTALL]$ STARTPMON: [BALENTIA] Starting TPMON1 with output
SUPPRESSED
forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred

Stack trace terminated abnormally.

Could ypu please help?

Thanks
Shoshana