[daip] CLCAL

Patrick Palmer ppalmer at oskar.uchicago.edu
Tue Nov 28 15:06:17 EST 2006

Hi,

I apparently do not understand CALIB/CLCAL any longer.  I have a bunch
of sources that need to be calibrated in blocks of time because they
are at different enough frequencies to have noticedable phase jumps.
(They generated new quailfiers when filled, but all are FREQID 1.)

CALIB runs and generates solutions for all calibrators.  (And LISTR
nicely puts in a blank line between ones with different qualifiers.)

For CLCAL, I specify the source, soucode, calsourc, qualifier, and
timerange.  The first time I run it (for the first 4 sources),
everything does what I expect.  A CL ver 2 is generated, and the
numbers are as I would expect.

The second time, with the inputs above changed as appropriate, I get:

        CLCAL1: Copied CL file from vol/cno/vers  2   43   2 to  2   43   3
oskar.> CLCAL1: Processing SN table    1
oskar.> CLCAL1: WARNING: SN table    1 has already been applied
oskar.> CLCAL1: SNMRG: Merging SN table
oskar.> CLCAL1: SNMRG: Write    1828 merged records from    1828 input records
oskar.> CLCAL1: SN2CL: Applying SN tables to CL table   2, writing CL table  3
oskar.> CLCAL1: SN2CL: WARNING: Will try to append new solutions to CL table   3
oskar.> CLCAL1: SN2CL: This is because there are no entries for specified,
oskar.> CLCAL1: SN2CL: TIMERANGE, SOURCE, SUBARRAY or FREQID in CL table   2
oskar.> CLCAL1: Appears to have ended successfully

When I look at the new CL table, I find the first part copied from CL
ver 2, and all that is added is the calibrator entries for the
specified time range.

I checked the SU table and the qualifier is as I specifed for both
source and calsource, and indeed frequid is 1 throughout.

I must be doing something wrong.  Can you help me out on this?

Pat

I used SN ver 1; inver 0; gainver 2;gainu 0