[daip] whole message

Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 28 13:02:53 EST 2006

Dorogoy Andrey,

You probably use APARM(1)=1. ATMCA (at this case) estimates the phase of
the source as interpolation of the calculated phase difference between
the two calibrators using the distances the calibrator1 -source and
calibrator2-source. Such an interpolation requires the source to be
located near the line calibrator1-calibrator2.

So the warning is not about the separation of the sources  but about
deviation of the target source off the line calibrator1-calibrator2.

Quite possible you are better off using APARM(1) =2,3 or even 4

You should look the AIPS memo # 111
at www.nrao.edu  to see more details about using ATMCA.

Vsech blag

Leonid Kogan