[daip] Re: DELZN questions

George Moellenbrock gmoellen at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue May 23 20:00:13 EDT 2006

Leonia-

> George,
>
> The following is another comment to your request 3a
>
> a. Why not do the plots in time units, since this will make comparison
>    with plots of the input MBDs easier?
>
> First of all it is not soi simple to compare the value on the plot with the
> value of the MBD at CL table,

Correct!

> because DELZN does not plot directely MBD of the SN table. See the DELZN's
> explain .

I understand this.  But it seems one of the best ways to tell if things
are working properly is if the widely varying systematic MBDs collapse
to noise-like residuals about the model.  This would be easier if the
DELZN plots were in the same units as my SNPLT plot of the MBDs, i.e.,
in nsec.

> Second,  DELZN plots are labeled at the part of days.
> Using PRTAB to print out the SN table you can type DOHMS=0 and the time will
> be printed out at the part of the day also.

This part doesn't bother me.

-George